Monica Valentini is a 24-year-old young woman, who has a terrible accident and becomes a ghost. While she`s in the middle of life and afterlife, an archangel gives her a pendant so that she can pretend to be mortal, with only one condition: she will have fulfill a mission; however, Monica does not accomplish it to the letter and ends up falling in love with Christopher, a 27-year-old young man who will make her feel as if she were still alive. This is a work full of fiction, drama and romance.When I was young, I used to imagine that I would die being an old lady with the love of my life next to me, a marriage with my children, the life that you believe is ideal and dream of, but… what if something in your life happens that makes you change the way you think, the way you believe existence is? Though, I have to admit, when my life changed unexpectedly, a new one began, and made me see how is it that life and death are not so different from each other as I used to think.PUBLISHER: TEKTIME
Ebooka przeczytasz w aplikacjach Legimi na:
Liczba stron: 87
Odsłuch ebooka (TTS) dostepny w abonamencie „ebooki+audiobooki bez limitu” w aplikacjach Legimi na:
If you were mine
Translator: Milena Alvarez
©If you were mineYear of publication: 2017
Original language: Spanish
Author: Rosanna Capursi
Translator: Milena Alvarez
Original book publisher:Editorial Negro Sobre Blanco
Monica Valentini is a 24-year-old young woman, who has a terrible accident and becomes a ghost. While she`s in the middle of life and afterlife, an archangel gives her a pendant so that she can pretend to be mortal, with only one condition: she will have fulfill a mission; however, Monica does not accomplish it to the letter and ends up falling in love with Christopher, a 27-year-old young man who will make her feel as if she were still alive.
This is a work full of fiction, drama and romance.
When I was young, I used to imagine that I would die being an old lady with the love of my life next to me, a marriage with my children, the life that you believe is ideal and dream of, but… what if something in your life happens that makes you change the way you think, the way you believe existence is?
Though, I have to admit, when my life changed unexpectedly, a new one began, and made me see how is it that life and death are not so different from each other as I used to think.
A day in October, 2015, when the cold of autumn was beginning to be felt, a 35-year-old man with blond hair and blue eyes, who just came out of prison for robbing several houses, was walking with no worries by the streets of Cologne, in Germany… It felt very so much peaceful.
Around 2 a.m., when the man was walking down a street which was apparently alone, a drunk driver hit him killing him instantly.
The man begins to see a red, blinding light; he covers his face with his left arm.
– Felix Meyer, I come to give you an assignment. – Says a deep voice from that light.
– Are you the devil? – Felix asked… he had other questions in mind, such as: ʺAm I dead?" ʺWhere am I?" He was making himself so many questions, but the first one, and apparently the least important, was the one that came out of his mouth.
– That is not important, Felix. I come to give you the assignment to find someone.
Felix crosses his arms waiting for the light to keep on talking and frowns. Now the brightness of the red light did not bother him anymore.
– Agreed? What’s its name?
– Oh, my dear friend, this person has not yet been 'created'; you'll have to wait at least for a year before beginning to look for her… Her name is Monica, Monica Valentini.
– And why do you want me to look for her? – asked Felix.
– That, my friend, is something I cannot tell you yet.
Felix took his hand over his face, laughed and moves his hands to his waist.
– And what happens if I refuse to do it?
– Well, you'll come along with me to hell where you'll spent the rest of your eternity suffering with all the assignments I'll command you to do.
Felix didn't doubt for long to choose his destiny. What would he prefer? Either do the job or go to hell?
– All right, I’ll do it, but only if you promise me that I'll live eternally on the Earth and I won't be in jail ever again. – He crossed his arms once again… having them like that gave him some sort of certainty and wanted to show him that he didn't fear that devil or demon…
– Agreed. I'll contact you in your dreams, meanwhile I'll give you a ring with a ruby stone that you'll use on your left hand, and you cannot take it away unless you want to disappear in front of the sight of any human being.
– Is there anything else that I have to know? – Felix asks looking at his left hand where the ring that demon spoke about was supposed to be.
– No, just that.
Felix saw a light that blinded him. When that light was already gone, it turned out that he was lying on his bed.
He was a year away from his mission, didn't know what was the hurry that demon had on that woman, but he would find out, and sooner than he expected.
One year later
Monica Valentini, a 24-year-old girl with brown hair over her shoulders and camel eyes, graduated from Bari University in Foreign Languages and Literature, spoke several languages, i.e. Italian – her mother tongue -, English, Spanish, French, and German. She had two younger sisters: 20-year-old Fiorella whose brown hair was long to her waist and her eyes were as camel as Monica’s; and 15-year-old Elizabetta who had dark brown hair above her shoulders, and whose eyes were light brown.
Monica used to live with her parents in the town called Venosa which was at the south of Italy. She loved to go out with her sisters. One night, she was next to her friend, Natalia Napolitano, who was a blond girl whose hair was long to her waist and had blue eyes.
– Hey, Mon! Would you like to go to a party in Manschito? – asked Natalia while they walked down to a Venosa street feeling the heat of August.
– A party? It's only Friday… – said Monica while she introduced her hands into her pants pockets.
– Come on! You know that Italy this month is full of parties. You are of legal age already! I believe nothing is going to happen to you just by going to a party. – She told her while crossing her arms.
Monica doubts it for a couple of seconds and then laughs while passes her hand through her hair messing it up a little bit.
– Ok, we'll go… what time is the party?
– At 10 p.m. – said Natalia as she stopped. Monica stops and looks at her watch on her arm, it was barely 6 p.m., so there were several hours left before going to the party.
– I'll drive. I'm sure you'll drink more than you should as you did last time. – Said Monica smiling. Last time they went to a party at Ginestra city, and Natalia got drunk so much that Monica had to take her car to her place, because Natalia lived alone, and had no one to wait for her and scold her or something like that. With Monica, it was not the same, because her family got her used to drink alcohol moderately; however, the day they had gone to the party, Monica and Natalia forgot about one important detail, they had spoken with their bosses (Monica worked at a jewelry shop and Natalia at a bakery), so that they would work on that day and take a week day off to go to the saloon.
– Ok. Then pick me up at 10 p.m. See you later! – Said Natalia giving one kiss to Monica on each of her cheeks and now walking on her way to her place. Then, Monica looks at her watch again, 06.02 p.m., she still had time to go to her place, tell to her family about the party, take a shower and get dressed.
1 hour later
Monica was watching TV in her bedroom lying on her bed when her sister Fiorella came in.
– How's that about you are going to a party without me? – She asks her putting her hands on her waist.
– You are under aged; I can't take you to a party where only adults will go. – She tells her while turning off the TV with the remote control and sat on her bed to then look at her.
– I'm 20 years old, I’m legal aged. – Fiorella said inflating her cheeks, Monica laughs: she used to find amusing that her sister behaved as a child. Then, Monica stands up and gets close to her sister.
– Not in Italy, remember legal age is not 20, but 21. – And without saying anything else, Monica leaves her room and starts walking; her sister sighs and walks behind Monica following her.
– Come on! Nobody will notice it!
Monica goes to the kitchen and fills a glass with water.
– Mom and dad won't let you go. Don't insist. I'm just going with Natalia, I promise that before 1 a.m. I'll be at home. – She said.
Fiorella tells nothing and leaves to her bedroom. She loved going to parties with her eldest sister, but Monica didn't want to take her along. What if they asked her an ID? She had to take care of her little sister and, for a moment, she just wanted to have fun with her friend, Natalia.
3 hours later
Monica was just finishing to get dressed to go to the party. She would look at her in the mirror; she was wearing a red dress whose length was above her knees. Monica said goodbye to her family and went to pick Natalia up in her car, blew the car’s horn several times, and Natalia came out locking the door with the key. She was wearing a short purple dress and had her hair loose, got on the car and closed the door.
– Monica, you're beautiful!
– You too, Natalia! – said Monica while starting the car.
Natalia smiles and starts looking out the car’s window. She was sort of excited for the trip to Maschito.
Shortly after, they arrived to the party, were asked their ID cards and got in. There were a lot of people and in the back some techno music could be heard.
– I told you we had to come! – Yells Natalia at her while passing through the people there.
They stopped and started dancing. A brown haired and blue eyed guy and another one with black hair and brown eyes approach to Monica and Natalia.
– I’m Luca. – Said the one with brown hair.
– And I'm Mateo. – Said the one with black hair.
– We are Natalia and Monica. – Said Natalia while looking at the ones who just arrived.
– Would you like to dance? – Asks Luca; Natalia looks at Monica as if she were expecting for approval and Monica agrees.
– Sure. – Said Natalia.
Tysiące ebooków i audiobooków
Ich liczba ciągle rośnie, a Ty masz gwarancję niezmiennej ceny.
Napisali o nas:
Nowy sposób na e-księgarnię
Czytelnicy nie wierzą
Legimi idzie na całość
Projekt Legimi wielkim wydarzeniem
Spotify for ebooks