What's more exciting than creating our own internet business. In a few pages, this book gives you a methodology to build and succeed an online startup step by step: Find an idea; write the business plan; establish the specifications and design the mockup; choose the solution for the realisation of the website/mobile application; choose the appropriate legal structure. It also provides techniques to increase website traffic (SEO, PPC, ...) and effectively measure the visitor numbers. Finally, you will have some information to help you find funding and monetize your startup.
Ebooka przeczytasz w aplikacjach Legimi na:
Liczba stron: 73
Odsłuch ebooka (TTS) dostepny w abonamencie „ebooki+audiobooki bez limitu” w aplikacjach Legimi na:
1. The idea
1.1 Find a good idea
1.2 Validate your idea
1.3 Protect your idea
1.4 Business Plan
2. Formulate the idea
2.3 The graphic charter
2.4 Surround yourself with the right people
3. Creating a website
3.1 Hand coding
3.2 CMS (Content Management System)
3.3 Website builders
3.4 Agency & IT services company & Freelancer
4. Designing a mobile application
4.1 Native approach
4.2 Web-based approach
4.3 Hybrid approach
5. Various legal formalities
5.1 Legal notices
5.2 Declaration to a data protection authorities
5.3 Personal information gathering
5.4 Business structure
6. The publication of website/application
6.1 Website hosting
6.2 Publication of the mobile application:
7. Increase website/application traffic
7.2 Natural SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
7.3 Pay Per Click (PPC)
7.4 Get social
7.6 The Video Marketing
7.7 Create a blog for website/mobile application
7.8 Promote dialogue
7.9 Viral Marketing
8. Web analytics
8.2 Web Analytics: Metrics & Key Performance Indicators
8.3 Web Analytics tools
9.1 Fund your startup yourself
9.2 Pitch your needs to friends and family
9.3 Request a small-business grant
9.4 Seek a bank loan or credit-card line of credit
9.5 Start a crowdfunding campaign online
9.6 Solicit investors
9.7 Join a startup incubator or accelerator
9.8 Enter a competition
10. Business models (monetization)
10.1 Paid app
10.2 Pay Per Click Advertising Networks
10.3 Affiliate Marketing
10.4 Set up an online store
10.6 Data Monetization
10.8 Sell your application to someone else
10.9 Donation / Becoming a sponsor
You want to create your startup, but you have not yet found the idea? Here are some tips to follow to get a good idea that will make the difference.
Our passions and our interests are a great source of startup’s ideas, because they are obviously things we like to do with enthusiasm and without getting bored.
Note explicitly in a notepad all of your interests without restriction: I like cooking; I like sports news; etc.… The goal here is to have a maximum of keywords that interest you; they will be used to find the right idea.
We must improve our ability to observe, our criticism and our openness of mind.
- By observing our environment, we can identify exiting problems and the reasons why they exist.
- A critical mind allows us to question what already exists, in order to consider possible approaches of enhancement to improve our lives and those of others.
- Finally, the openness of mind will help us acquiring a wider comprehension of the environment around us so we can develop more inspiration.
Nowadays, it is difficult to invent a new concept. How to innovate when almost everything already exist? A solution is offered to us by adapting a concept that does not exist in our country, but succeeded in other countries.
We can look for ideas abroad in order to adapt them to our market, without neglecting the barriers like the difference of cultures or the maturity of markets. Some concepts are imported very well especially in the Internet field.
was born based on the American
, then bought by the Japanese Rakuten for 270 millions of dollars.
After observation and identification of an innovative concept that has been proven, we can imagine its use in another industry.
So, we should identify successful ideas and reuse them according to our interests and opportunities.
- Groupon for urban women Dealissime
- Facebook for pets Yummypets
- Firefox for children Potati
- Linkedin for young graduates Yupeek
To help you finding a good idea to start a business, the non-exhaustive list below may be helpful:
- Websites of innovative new business ideas and trends:
- Websites of popular innovative start-up incubators: 500.co/startups, ilab.harvard.edu,
- Business magazines: thestartupmag, Entrepreneur, sbomag, arabianbusiness, frenchweb, etc. provide regularly many new business ideas.
- Start-up competitions: leweb.co,
Before embarking and commit time and money to create our startup, it is very important to check the validity of our idea. This is a primary step that will allow us to avoid disappointment.
I propose a stepwise approach to validate your idea.
An idea is not enough to develop a project. The main idea must be accompanied by a reflection on the following questions:
- What services / concepts, do we want to produce or exploit?
- What need does the concept meet or problem does it help solve?
- What will be the way in which the concept / service is used?
- How it will be sold?
- What is the innovative feature of the service / concept (if there is one)?
- What are its strengths?
- What are its weaknesses?
This step provides a broad idea about the target audience. For this, we must answer the following questions:
- What is the nature of the market targeted?
Local, regional, national or international? Permanent or seasonal? Etc.
- Which customer do you expect you can reach?
Young employees? Retired? Craft businesses? Small and medium enterprises? Large groups? Liberal cabinets? Property managers? Various agencies, etc.
- What is the identified target?
At this stage, we should be able to describe what could be our major client base.
Now - thanks to the questions posed above – we must be able to write accurately in a few sentences the activity of our startups.
This exercise will save a lot of time to write our business plan later.
It is very important to talk about our project to professionals; they can advise us and give us an informed and neutral look. So, do not hesitate to approach with caution:
- Chambers of commerce in your country,
- Young entrepreneurs associations,
- Business angels,
We should identify all the constraints and risks, with the purpose to eliminate or reduce them. Below, we’ll identify the most known:
Constraints on the nature of the concept/service
- Complex: development time, standards to meet.
- Innovative: requires changing the habits of users.
- Easy to duplicate: risk of introduction of large competitors, requires to occupy as quickly as possible the market.
- Very expensive: hesitation among potential buyers.
- Not profitable in itself: income generated by third parties.
- Dependant: on key partners.
- Latest fad: what’s next?
- Negative image: requires strong communication strategy.
- The market is to create? Is starting up? Very fast growing? Mature? In decline? …
- Are there barriers to entry?
- The market is fragmented, too wide, very risky, inconstant, slow and unresponsive, long time to payment, etc.…?
- Is there a risk of emergence of powerful competitors with a lot of resources, or to be encountered by anti-competitive practices?
- Do we have the experience or qualifications required?
- Can we get the required approvals (copyright, royalty-free images...) and did we verify that the activity is not under regulation?
- If we are employees, did our employment contract contain restrictions to perform the activity?
- We should identify the technical, human and financial resources to achieve our projects.
To put all the chances on our side, it is very important to check if there is coherence between the requirements of our project and:
- Our personality:
rigorous, serious, sociable, shy, extrovert, introvert, strict, charismatic...
- Our potential:
good physical and mental condition, capacity to absorb stress, negotiation skills, resourceful, creative and responsive, ability to develop relational networks, to communicate, to lead...
- Our motivations:
desire for independence, a taste of the responsibilities and challenges, concretize a dream or a passion, fully realize potentials and change lives, exploit interesting opportunities, improve condition and quality of life, earn income immediately, increase revenues...
- Our goals:
work alone, build a company of dozens of employees in few years, earn great revenue, resell quickly the startup, become leader...
- Our skills and knowledge:
ideally technical, commercial and management.
- Our personal constraints:
availability and time, financial constraints, borrowing capacity, health...
Using previously gathered information; we can measure the realism and feasibility of the idea through the SWOT matrix, which allows analysing the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of our project:
Tysiące ebooków i audiobooków
Ich liczba ciągle rośnie, a Ty masz gwarancję niezmiennej ceny.
Napisali o nas:
Nowy sposób na e-księgarnię
Czytelnicy nie wierzą
Legimi idzie na całość
Projekt Legimi wielkim wydarzeniem
Spotify for ebooks