Ebooka przeczytasz w aplikacjach Legimi na:
Odsłuch ebooka (TTS) dostępny w abonamencie „ebooki+audiobooki bez limitu” w aplikacji Legimi na:
Translated into the English Language By:
Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali
Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan
1. In the Name of Allaah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
2. All the praises and thanks be to Allaah, the Lord of the 'Alameen (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
3. The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
6. Guide us to the Straight Way
7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).
1. Alif-Laam-Meem. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'aan and none but Allaah (Alone) knows their meanings].
2. This is the Book (the Qur'aan), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqoon [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allaah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allaah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)].
3. Who believe in the Ghaiband perform As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat), and spend out of what we have provided for them [i.e. give Zakaat, spend on themselves, their parents, their children, their wives, etc., and also give charity to the poor and also in Allaah's Cause -- Jihaad, etc.].
4. And who believe in (the Qur'aan and the Sunnah) which has been sent down (revealed) to you (Muhammad Peace be upon him ) and in [the Tauraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel), etc.] which were sent down before you and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter. (Resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell, etc.).
5. They are on (true) guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful.
6. Verily, those who disbelieve, it is the same to them whether you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) warn them or do not warn them, they will not believe.
7. Allaah has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearings, (i.e. they are closed from accepting Allaah's Guidance), and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment.
8. And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: "We believe in Allaah and the Last Day" while in fact they believe not.
9. They (think to) deceive Allaah and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive (it) not!
10. In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allaah has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies.
11. And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers."
12. Verily! They are the ones who make mischief, but they perceive not.
13. And when it is said to them (hypocrites): "Believe as the people (followers of Muhammad Peace be upon him , Al-Ansaar and Al-Muhajiroon) have believed," they say: "Shall we believe as the fools have believed?" Verily, they are the fools, but they know not.
14. And when they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe," but when they are alone with their Shayaatin (devils -- polytheists, hypocrites, etc.), they say: "Truly, we are with you; verily, we were but mocking."
15. Allaah mocks at them and gives them increase in their wrong-doings to wander blindly.
16. These are they who have purchased error for guidance, so their commerce was profitless. And they were not guided.
17. Their likeness is as the likeness of one who kindled a fire; then, when it lighted all around him, Allaah took away their light and left them in darkness. (So) they could not see.
18. They are deaf, dumb, and blind, so they return not (to the Right Path).
19. Or like a rainstorm from the sky, wherein is darkness, thunder, and lightning. They thrust their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunderclap for fear of death. But Allaah ever encompasses the disbelievers (i.e. Allaah will gather them all together).
20. The lightning almost snatches away their sight, whenever it flashes for them, they walk therein, and when darkness covers them, they stand still. And if Allaah willed, He could have taken away their hearing and their sight. Certainly, Allaah has power over all things.
21. O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allaah), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious -- see V.2:2).
22. Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water (rain) from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allaah (in worship) while you know (that He Alone has the right to be worshipped).
23. And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'aan) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a Soorah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allaah, if you are truthful.
24. But if you do it not, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.
25. And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwaajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), (having no menses, stools, urine, etc.) and they will abide therein forever.
26. Verily, Allaah is not ashamed to set forth a parable even of a mosquito or so much more when it is bigger (or less when it is smaller) than it. And as for those who believe, they know that it is the Truth from their Lord, but as for those who disbelieve, they say: "What did Allaah intend by this parable?" By it He misleads many, and many He guides thereby. And He misleads thereby only those who are Al-Faasiqoon (the rebellious, disobedient to Allaah).
27. Those who break Allaah's Covenant after ratifying it, and sever what Allaah has ordered to be joined (as regards Allaah's Religion of Islaamic Monotheism, and to practise its legal laws on the earth and also as regards keeping good relations with kith and kin ), and do mischief on earth, it is they who are the losers.
28. How can you disbelieve in Allaah? Seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection) and then unto Him you will return.
29. He it is Who created for you all that is on earth. Then He Istawaa (rose over) towards the heaven and made them seven heavens and He is the All-Knower of everything.
30. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, -- while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allaah) said: "I know that which you do not know."
31. And He taught Adam all the names (of everything) , then He showed them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful."
32. They (angels) said: "Glory be to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise."
33. He said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names," and when he had informed them of their names, He said: "Did I not tell you that I know the Ghaib (unseen) in the heavens and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you have been concealing?"
34. And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves before Adam.". And they prostrated except Iblees (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allaah).
35. And We said: "O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the Paradise and eat both of you freely with pleasure and delight of things therein as wherever you will, but come not near this tree or you both will be of the Zaalimoon (wrong-doers)."
36. Then the Shaitaan (Satan) made them slip therefrom (the Paradise), and got them out from that in which they were. We said: "Get you down, all, with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be a dwelling place for you and an enjoyment for a time."
37. Then Adam received from his Lord Words . And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful.
38. We said: "Get down all of you from this place (the Paradise), then whenever there comes to you Guidance from Me, and whoever follows My Guidance, there shall be no fear on them, nor shall they grieve.
39. But those who disbelieve and belie Our Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) such are the dwellers of the Fire, they shall abide therein forever.
40. O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill (your obligations to) My Covenant (with you) so that I fulfill (My Obligations to) your covenant (with Me), and fear none but Me.
41. And believe in what I have sent down (this Qur'aan), confirming that which is with you, [the Tauraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], and be not the first to disbelieve therein, and buy not with My Verses [the Tauraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] a small price (i.e. getting a small gain by selling My Verses), and fear Me and Me Alone. (Tafsir At-Tabaree, Vol. I, Page 253).
42. And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth [i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allaah's Messenger and his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Tauraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you know (the truth) .
43. And perform As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat), and give Zakaat, and Irka' (i.e. bow down or submit yourselves with obedience to Allaah) along with Ar-Raki'oon.
44. Enjoin you Al-Birr (piety and righteousness and each and every act of obedience to Allaah) on the people and you forget (to practise it) yourselves, while you recite the Scripture [the Tauraat (Torah)]! Have you then no sense?
45. And seek help in patience and As-Salaat (the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khaashi'oon [i.e. the true believers in Allaah -- those who obey Allaah with full submission, fear much from His Punishment, and believe in His Promise (Paradise, etc.) and in His Warnings (Hell, etc.)].
46. (They are those) who are certain that they are going to meet their Lord, and that unto Him they are going to return.
47. O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed upon you and that I preferred you to the 'Alameen (mankind and jinns) (of your time period, in the past).
48. And fear a Day (of Judgement) when a person shall not avail another, nor will intercession be accepted from him nor will compensation be taken from him nor will they be helped.
49. And (remember) when We delivered you from Fir'aun's (Pharaoh) people, who were afflicting you with a horrible torment, killing your sons and sparing your women, and therein was a mighty trial from your Lord.
50. And (remember) when We separated the sea for you and saved you and drowned Fir'aun's (Pharaoh) people while you were looking (at them, when the sea-water covered them).
51. And (remember) when We appointed for Moosa (Moses) forty nights, and (in his absence) you took the calf (for worship), and you were Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.).
52. Then after that We forgave you so that you might be grateful.
53. And (remember) when We gave Moosa (Moses) the Scripture [the Tauraat (Torah)] and the criterion (of right and wrong) so that you may be guided aright.
54. And (remember) when Moosa (Moses) said to his people: "O my people! Verily, you have wronged yourselves by worshipping the calf. So turn in repentance to your Creator and kill yourselves (the innocent kill the wrongdoers among you), that will be better for you with your Lord." Then He accepted your repentance. Truly, He is the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful.
55. And (remember) when you said: "O Moosa (Moses)! We shall never believe in you till we see Allaah plainly." But you were seized with a thunderbolt (lightning) while you were looking.
56. Then We raised you up after your death, so that you might be grateful.
57. And We shaded you with clouds and sent down on you Al-Manna and the quails, (saying): "Eat of the good lawful things We have provided for you," (but they rebelled). And they did not wrong Us but they wronged themselves.
58. And (remember) when We said: "Enter this town (Jerusalem) and eat bountifully therein with pleasure and delight wherever you wish, and enter the gate in prostration (or bowing with humility) and say: 'Forgive us,' and We shall forgive you your sins and shall increase (reward) for the good-doers."
59. But those who did wrong changed the word from that which had been told to them for another, so We sent upon the wrong-doers Rijzan (a punishment) from the heaven because of their rebelling against Allaah's Obedience. (Tafsir At-Tabaree, Vol. I, Page 305).
60. And (remember) when Moosa (Moses) asked for water for his people, We said: "Strike the stone with your stick." Then gushed forth therefrom twelve springs. Each (group of) people knew its own place for water. "Eat and drink of that which Allaah has provided and do not act corruptly, making mischief on the earth."
61. And (remember) when you said, "O Moosa (Moses)! We cannot endure one kind of food. So invoke your Lord for us to bring forth for us of what the earth grows, its herbs, its cucumbers, its Foom (wheat or garlic), its lentils and its onions." He said, "Would you exchange that which is better for that which is lower? Go you down to any town and you shall find what you want!" And they were covered with humiliation and misery, and they drew on themselves the Wrath of Allaah. That was because they used to disbelieve the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah and killed the Prophets wrongfully. That was because they disobeyed and used to transgress the bounds (in their disobedience to Allaah, i.e. commit crimes and sins).
62. Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve .
63. And (O Children of Israel, remember) when We took your covenant and We raised above you the Mount (saying): "Hold fast to that which We have given you, and remember that which is therein so that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious -- see V.2:2).
64. Then after that you turned away. Had it not been for the Grace and Mercy of Allaah upon you, indeed you would have been among the losers.
65. And indeed you knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath (i.e. Saturday). We said to them: "Be you monkeys, despised and rejected."
66. So We made this punishment an example to their own and to succeeding generations and a lesson to those who are Al-Muttaqoon (the pious -- see V.2:2).
67. And (remember) when Moosa (Moses) said to his people: "Verily, Allaah commands you that you slaughter a cow." They said, "Do you make fun of us?" He said, "I take Allaah's Refuge from being among Al-Jaahiloon (the ignorants or the foolish)."
68. They said, "Call upon your Lord for us that He may make plain to us what it is!" He said, "He says, 'Verily, it is a cow neither too old nor too young, but (it is) between the two conditions', so do what you are commanded."
69. They said, "Call upon your Lord for us to make plain to us its colour." He said, "He says, 'It is a yellow cow, bright in its colour, pleasing to the beholders.' "
70. They said, "Call upon your Lord for us to make plain to us what it is. Verily to us all cows are alike, And surely, if Allaah wills, we will be guided."
71. He [Moosa (Moses)] said, "He says, 'It is a cow neither trained to till the soil nor water the fields, sound, having no other colour except bright yellow.' " They said, "Now you have brought the truth." So they slaughtered it though they were near to not doing it.
72. And (remember) when you killed a man and fell into dispute among yourselves as to the crime. But Allaah brought forth that which you were hiding.
73. So We said: "Strike him (the dead man) with a piece of it (the cow)." Thus Allaah brings the dead to life and shows you His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) so that you may understand.
74. Then, after that, your hearts were hardened and became as stones or even worse in hardness. And indeed, there are stones out of which rivers gush forth, and indeed, there are of them (stones) which split asunder so that water flows from them, and indeed, there are of them (stones) which fall down for fear of Allaah. And Allaah is not unaware of what you do.
75. Do you (faithful believers) covet that they will believe in your religion inspite of the fact that a party of them (Jewish rabbis) used to hear the Word of Allaah [the Tauraat (Torah)], then they used to change it knowingly after they understood it?
76. And when they (Jews) meet those who believe (Muslims), they say, "We believe", but when they meet one another in private, they say, "Shall you (Jews) tell them (Muslims) what Allaah has revealed to you [Jews, about the description and the qualities of Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him , that which are written in the Tauraat (Torah)] , that they (Muslims) may argue with you (Jews) about it before your Lord?" Have you (Jews) then no understanding?
77. Know they (Jews) not that Allaah knows what they conceal and what they reveal?
78. And there are among them (Jews) unlettered people, who know not the Book, but they trust upon false desires and they but guess.
79. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allaah," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby.
80. And they (Jews) say, "The Fire (i.e. Hell-fire on the Day of Resurrection) shall not touch us but for a few numbered days." Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him to them): "Have you taken a covenant from Allaah, so that Allaah will not break His Covenant? Or is it that you say of Allaah what you know not?"
81. Yes! Whosoever earns evil and his sin has surrounded him, they are dwellers of the Fire (i.e. Hell); they will dwell therein forever.
82. And those who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah -- Islaamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, they are dwellers of Paradise, they will dwell therein forever.
83. And (remember) when We took a covenant from the Children of Israel, (saying): Worship none but Allaah (Alone) and be dutiful and good to parents, and to kindred, and to orphans and Al-Masaakeen(the poor), [Tafsir At-Tabaree, Vol. 10, Page 158 (Verse 9:60)] and speak good to people [i.e. enjoin righteousness and forbid evil, and say the truth about Muhammad Peace be upon him ], and perform As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat), and give Zakaat. Then you slid back, except a few of you, while you are backsliders. (Tafsir Al-Qurtubee, Vol. 2, Page 392).
84. And (remember) when We took your covenant (saying): Shed not the blood of your people, nor turn out your own people from their dwellings. Then, (this) you ratified and (to this) you bear witness.
85. After this, it is you who kill one another and drive out a party of you from their homes, assist (their enemies) against them, in sin and transgression. And if they come to you as captives, you ransom them, although their expulsion was forbidden to you. Then do you believe in a part of the Scripture and reject the rest? Then what is the recompense of those who do so among you, except disgrace in the life of this world, and on the Day of Resurrection they shall be consigned to the most grievous torment. And Allaah is not unaware of what you do.
86. Those are they who have bought the life of this world at the price of the Hereafter. Their torment shall not be lightened nor shall they be helped.
87. And indeed, We gave Moosa (Moses) the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers. And We gave 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), clear signs and supported him with Rooh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)]. Is it that whenever there came to you a Messenger with what you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant? Some, you disbelieved and some, you killed.
88. And they say, "Our hearts are wrapped (i.e. do not hear or understand Allaah's Word)." Nay, Allaah has cursed them for their disbelief, so little is that which they believe.
89. And when there came to them (the Jews), a Book (this Qur'aan) from Allaah confirming what is with them [the Tauraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], although aforetime they had invoked Allaah (for coming of Muhammad Peace be upon him ) in order to gain victory over those who disbelieved, then when there came to them that which they had recognised, they disbelieved in it. So let the Curse of Allaah be on the disbelievers.
90. How bad is that for which they have sold their ownselves, that they should disbelieve in that which Allaah has revealed (the Qur'aan), grudging that Allaah should reveal of His Grace unto whom He will of His slaves. So they have drawn on themselves wrath upon wrath. And for the disbelievers, there is disgracing torment.
91. And when it is said to them (the Jews), "Believe in what Allaah has sent down," they say, "We believe in what was sent down to us." And they disbelieve in that which came after it, while it is the truth confirming what is with them. Say (O Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhy wa sallam)): "Why then have you killed the Prophets of Allaah aforetime, if you indeed have been believers?"
92. And indeed Moosa (Moses) came to you with clear proofs, yet you worshipped the calf after he left, and you were Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers).
93. And (remember) when We took your covenant and We raised above you the Mount (saying), "Hold firmly to what We have given you and hear (Our Word). They said, "We have heard and disobeyed." And their hearts absorbed (the worship of) the calf because of their disbelief. Say: "Worst indeed is that which your faith enjoins on you if you are believers."
94. Say to (them): "If the home of the Hereafter with Allaah is indeed for you specially and not for others, of mankind, then long for death if you are truthful."
95. But they will never long for it because of what their hands have sent before them (i.e. what they have done). And Allaah is All-Aware of the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers).
96. And verily, you will find them (the Jews) the greediest of mankind for life and (even greedier) than those who -- ascribe partners to Allaah (and do not believe in Resurrection -- Magians, pagans, and idolaters, etc.). Everyone of them wishes that he could be given a life of a thousand years. But the grant of such life will not save him even a little from (due) punishment. And Allaah is All-Seer of what they do.
97. Say (O Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhy wa sallam)): "Whoever is an enemy to Jibrael (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury), for indeed he has brought it (this Qur'aan) down to your heart by Allaah's Permission, confirming what came before it [i.e. the Tauraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and guidance and glad tidings for the believers.
98. "Whoever is an enemy to Allaah, His Angels, His Messengers, Jibrael (Gabriel) and Mikael (Michael), then verily, Allaah is an enemy to the disbelievers."
99. And indeed We have sent down to you manifest Ayaat (these Verses of the Qur'aan which inform in detail about the news of the Jews and their secret intentions, etc.), and none disbelieve in them but Faasiqoon (those who rebel against Allaah's Command).
100. Is it not (the case) that every time they make a covenant, some party among them throw it aside? Nay! the truth is most of them believe not.
101. And when there came to them a Messenger from Allaah (i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him ) confirming what was with them, a party of those who were given the Scripture threw away the Book of Allaah behind their backs as if they did not know!
102. They followed what the Shayaatin (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulaimaan (Solomon). Sulaimaan did not disbelieve, but the Shayaatin (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Haaroot and Maaroot, but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, "We are only for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)." And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between man and his wife, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allaah's Leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their ownselves, if they but knew.
103. And if they had believed, and guarded themselves from evil and kept their duty to Allaah, far better would have been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!
104. O you who believe! Say not (to the Messenger Peace be upon him ) Raa'ina but say Unzurna (Do make us understand) and hear. And for the disbelievers there is a painful torment. (See Verse 4:46)
105. Neither those who disbelieve among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) nor Al-Mushrikoon (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah, idolaters, polytheists, pagans, etc.) like that there should be sent down unto you any good from your Lord. But Allaah chooses for His Mercy whom He wills. And Allaah is the Owner of Great Bounty.
106. Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Know you not that Allaah is able to do all things?
107. Know you not that it is Allaah to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth? And besides Allaah you have neither any Walee (protector or guardian) nor any helper.
108. Or do you want to ask your Messenger (Muhammad Peace be upon him ) as Moosa (Moses) was asked before (i.e. show us openly our Lord?) And he who changes Faith for disbelief, verily, he has gone astray from the right way.
109. Many of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) wish that if they could turn you away as disbelievers after you have believed, out of envy from their ownselves, even, after the truth (that Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allaah's Messenger) has become manifest unto them. But forgive and overlook, till Allaah brings His Command. Verily, Allaah is Able to do all things.
110. And perform As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat), and give Zakaat, and whatever of good (deeds that Allaah loves) you send forth for yourselves before you, you shall find it with Allaah. Certainly, Allaah is All-Seer of what you do.
111. And they say, "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." These are their own desires. Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ), "Produce your proof if you are truthful."
112. Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allaah (i.e. follows Allaah's Religion of Islaamic Monotheism) and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allaah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame, etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allaah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allaah), on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. [See Tafsir Ibn Katheer, Vol.1, Page 154].
113. The Jews said that the Christians follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); and the Christians said that the Jews follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); though they both recite the Scripture. Like unto their word, said (the pagans) who know not. Allaah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection about that wherein they have been differing.
114. And who is more unjust than those who forbid that Allaah's Name be glorified and mentioned much (i.e. prayers and invocations, etc.) in Allaah's Mosques and strive for their ruin? It was not fitting that such should themselves enter them (Allaah's Mosques) except in fear. For them there is disgrace in this world, and they will have a great torment in the Hereafter.
115. And to Allaah belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn yourselves or your faces there is the Face of Allaah (and He is High above, over His Throne). Surely! Allaah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knowing.
116. And they (Jews, Christians and pagans) say: Allaah has begotten a son (children or offspring). Glory be to Him (Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth, and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him.
117. The Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it : "Be!" -- and it is.
118. And those who have no knowledge say: "Why does not Allaah speak to us (face to face) or why does not a sign come to us?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike, We have indeed made plain the signs for people who believe with certainty.
119. Verily, We have sent you (O Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhy wa sallam)) with the truth (Islaam), a bringer of glad tidings (for those who believe in what you brought, that they will enter Paradise) and a warner (for those who disbelieve in what you brought, they will enter the Hell-fire). And you will not be asked about the dwellers of the blazing Fire.
120. Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) till you follow their religion. Say: "Verily, the Guidance of Allaah (i.e. Islaamic Monotheism) that is the (only) Guidance. And if you (O Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhy wa sallam)) were to follow their (Jews and Christians) desires after what you have received of Knowledge (i.e. the Qur'aan), then you would have against Allaah neither any Walee (protector or guardian) nor any helper.
121. Those (who embraced Islaam from Banee Israel) to whom We gave the Book [the Tauraat (Torah)] [or those (Muhammad's Peace be upon him companions) to whom We have given the Book (the Qur'aan)] recite it (i.e. obey its orders and follow its teachings) as it should be recited (i.e. followed), they are the ones that believe therein. And whoso disbelieves in it (the Qur'aan), those are they who are the losers. (Tafsir Al-Qurtubee. Vol. 2, Page 95).
122. O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed upon you and that I preferred you to the 'Alameen (mankind and jinns) (of your time-period, in the past).
123. And fear the Day (of Judgement) when no person shall avail another, nor shall compensation be accepted from him, nor shall intercession be of use to him, nor shall they be helped.
124. And (remember) when the Lord of Ibraahim (Abraham) [i.e., Allaah] tried him with (certain) Commands, which he fulfilled. He (Allaah) said (to him), "Verily, I am going to make you a leader (Prophet) of mankind." [Ibraahim (Abraham)] said, "And of my offspring (to make leaders)." (Allaah) said, "My Covenant (Prophethood, etc.) includes not Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers)."
125. And (remember) when We made the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) a place of resort for mankind and a place of safety. And take you (people) the Maqaam (place) of Ibraahim (Abraham) [or the stone on which Ibraahim (Abraham) stood while he was building the Ka'bah] as a place of prayer (for some of your prayers, e.g. two Rak'at after the Tawaaf of the Ka'bah at Makkah), and We commanded Ibraahim (Abraham) and Ismaa'il (Ishmael) that they should purify My House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) for those who are circumambulating it, or staying (I'tikaaf), or bowing or prostrating themselves (there, in prayer).
126. And (remember) when Ibraahim (Abraham) said, "My Lord, make this city (Makkah) a place of security and provide its people with fruits, such of them as believe in Allaah and the Last Day." He (Allaah) answered: "As for him who disbelieves, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the torment of the Fire, and worst indeed is that destination!"
127. And (remember) when Ibraahim (Abraham) and (his son) Ismaa'il (Ishmael) were raising the foundations of the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), (saying), "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us. Verily! You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower."
128. "Our Lord! And make us submissive unto You and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manaasik(all the ceremonies of pilgrimage -- Hajj and 'Umrah, etc.), and accept our repentance. Truly, You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful.
129. "Our Lord! Send amongst them a Messenger of their own (and indeed Allaah answered their invocation by sending Muhammad Peace be upon him ), who shall recite unto them Your Verses and instruct them in the Book (this Qur'aan) and Al-Hikmah (full knowledge of the Islaamic laws and jurisprudence or wisdom or Prophethood, etc.), and sanctify them. Verily! You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."
130. And who turns away from the religion of Ibraahim (Abraham) (i.e. Islaamic Monotheism) except him who befools himself? Truly, We chose him in this world and verily, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.
131. When his Lord said to him, "Submit (i.e. be a Muslim)!" He said, "I have submitted myself (as a Muslim) to the Lord of the 'Alameen (mankind, jinns and all that exists)."
132. And this (submission to Allaah, Islaam) was enjoined by Ibraahim (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya'qoob (Jacob), (saying), "O my sons! Allaah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islaam (as Muslims -- Islaamic Monotheism)."
133. Or were you witnesses when death approached Ya'qoob (Jacob)? When he said unto his sons, "What will you worship after me?" They said, "We shall worship your Ilaah (Allah -- Allaah), the Ilaah (Allaah) of your fathers, Ibraahim (Abraham), Ismaa'il (Ishmael), Ishaaque (Isaac), One Ilaah (Allaah), and to Him we submit (in Islaam)."
134. That was a nation who has passed away. They shall receive the reward of what they earned and you of what you earn. And you will not be asked of what they used to do.
135. And they say, "Be Jews or Christians, then you will be guided." Say (to them, O Muhammad Peace be upon him ), "Nay, (We follow) only the religion of Ibraahim (Abraham), Hanifa [Islaamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allaah (Alone)], and he was not of Al-Mushrikoon (those who worshipped others along with Allaah -- see V.2:105)."
136. Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allaah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibraahim (Abraham), Ismaa'il (Ishmael), Ishaaque (Isaac), Ya'qoob (Jacob), and to Al-Asbaat [the twelve sons of Ya'qoob (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Moosa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islaam)."
137. So if they believe in the like of that which you believe, then they are rightly guided, but if they turn away, then they are only in opposition. So Allaah will suffice you against them. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.
138. [Our Sibghah (religion) is] the Sibghah (Religion) of Allaah (Islaam) and which Sibghah (religion) can be better than Allaah's? And we are His worshippers. [Tafsir Ibn Katheer.]
139. Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him to the Jews and Christians), "Dispute you with us about Allaah while He is our Lord and your Lord? And we are to be rewarded for our deeds and you for your deeds. And we are sincere to Him in worship and obedience (i.e. we worship Him Alone and none else, and we obey His Orders)."
140. Or say you that Ibraahim (Abraham), Ismaa'il (Ishmael), Ishaaque (Isaac), Ya'qoob (Jacob) and Al-Asbaat [the twelve sons of Ya'qoob (Jacob)] were Jews or Christians? Say, "Do you know better or does Allaah (knows better...; that they all were Muslims)? And who is more unjust than he who conceals the testimony [i.e. to believe in Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him when he comes, written in their Books. (See Verse 7:157)] he has from Allaah? And Allaah is not unaware of what you do."
141. That was a nation who has passed away. They shall receive the reward of what they earned, and you of what you earn. And you will not be asked of what they used to do.
142. The fools (pagans, hypocrites, and Jews) among the people will say, "What has turned them (Muslims) from their Qiblah [prayer direction (towards Jerusalem)] to which they were used to face in prayer." Say, (O Muhammad) "To Allaah belong both, east and the west. He guides whom He wills to a Straight Way."
143. Thus We have made you [true Muslims -- real believers of Islaamic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah (legal ways)], a Wasat (just) (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad) be a witness over you. And We made the Qiblah (prayer direction towards Jerusalem) which you used to face, only to test those who followed the Messenger (Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhy wa sallam)) from those who would turn on their heels (i.e. disobey the Messenger). Indeed it was great (heavy) except for those whom Allaah guided. And Allaah would never make your faith (prayers) to be lost (i.e. your prayers offered towards Jerusalem). Truly, Allaah is full of kindness, the Most Merciful towards mankind.
144. Verily! We have seen the turning of your (Muhammad's ) face towards the heaven. Surely, We shall turn you to a Qiblah (prayer direction) that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid- al-Haraam (at Makkah). And wheresoever you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction. Certainly, the people who were given the Scriptures (i.e. Jews and the Christians) know well that, that (your turning towards the direction of the Ka'bah at Makkah in prayers) is the truth from their Lord. And Allaah is not unaware of what they do.
145. And even if you were to bring to the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) all the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they would not follow your Qiblah (prayer direction), nor are you going to follow their Qiblah (prayer direction). And they will not follow each other's Qiblah (prayer direction). Verily, if you follow their desires after that which you have received of knowledge (from Allaah), then indeed you will be one of the Zaalimoon (polytheists, wrong-doers, etc.).
146. Those to whom We gave the Scripture (Jews and Christians) recognise him (Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhy wa sallam) or the Ka'bah at Makkah) as they recongise their sons. But verily, a party of them conceal the truth while they know it -- [i.e. the qualities of Muhammad which are written in the Tauraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)].
147. (This is) the truth from your Lord. So be you not one of those who doubt.
148. For every nation there is a direction to which they face (in their prayers). So hasten towards all that is good. Wheresoever you may be, Allaah will bring you together (on the Day of Resurrection). Truly, Allaah is Able to do all things.
149. And from wheresoever you start forth (for prayers), turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-al-Haraam (at Makkah), that is indeed the truth from your Lord. And Allaah is not unaware of what you do.
150. And from wheresoever you start forth (for prayers), turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-al-Haraam (at Makkah), and wheresoever you are, turn your faces towards, it (when you pray) so that men may have no argument against you except those of them that are wrong-doers, so fear them not, but fear Me! -- And so that I may complete My Blessings on you and that you may be guided.
151. Similarly (to complete My Blessings on you) We have sent among you a Messenger (Muhammad ) of your own, reciting to you Our Verses (the Qur'aan) and sanctifying you, and teaching you the Book (the Qur'aan) and the Hikmah (i.e. Sunnah, Islaamic laws and Fiqh - jurisprudence), and teaching you that which you used not to know.
152. Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying, etc.). I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favours on you) and never be ungrateful to Me.
153. O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salaat (the prayer). Truly! Allaah is with As-Saabirin (the patient ones, etc.).
154. And say not of those who are killed in the Way of Allaah, "They are dead." Nay, they are living, but you perceive (it) not.
155. And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Saabirin (the patient ones, etc.).
156. Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."
157. They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. blessings, etc.) (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided-ones.
158. Verily! As-Safaa and Al-Marwah (two mountains in Makkah) are of the Symbols of Allaah. So it is not a sin on him who perform Hajj or 'Umrah (pilgrimage) of the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) to perform the going (Tawaaf) between them (As-Safaa and Al-Marwah). And whoever does good voluntarily, then verily, Allaah is All-Recogniser, All-Knower.
159. Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and the guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the Book, they are the ones cursed by Allaah and cursed by the cursers.
160. Except those who repent and do righteous deeds, and openly declare (the truth which they concealed). These, I will accept their repentance. And I am the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful.
161. Verily, those who disbelieve, and die while they are disbelievers, it is they on whom is the Curse of Allaah and of the angels and of mankind, combined.
162. They will abide therein (under the curse in Hell), their punishment will neither be lightened, nor will they be reprieved.
163. And your Ilaah (Allaah) is One Ilaah (Allah -- Allaah), Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He), the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
164. Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, and the ships which sail through the sea with that which is of use to mankind, and the water (rain) which Allaah sends down from the sky and makes the earth alive therewith after its death, and the moving (living) creatures of all kinds that He has scattered therein, and in the veering of winds and clouds which are held between the sky and the earth, are indeed Ayaat (proofs, evidences, signs, etc.) for people of understanding.
165. And of mankind are some who take (for worship) others besides Allaah as rivals (to Allaah). They love them as they love Allaah. But those who believe, love Allaah more (than anything else). If only, those who do wrong could see, when they will see the torment, that all power belongs to Allaah and that Allaah is Severe in punishment.
166. When those who were followed, disown (declare themselves innocent of) those who followed (them), and they see the torment, then all their relations will be cut off from them.
167. And those who followed will say: "If only we had one more chance to return (to the worldly life), we would disown (declare ourselves as innocent from) them as they have disowned (declared themselves as innocent from) us." Thus Allaah will show them their deeds as regrets for them. And they will never get out of the Fire .
168. O mankind! Eat of that which is lawful and good on the earth, and follow not the footsteps of Shaitaan (Satan). Verily, he is to you an open enemy.
169. [Shaitaan (Satan)] commands you only what is evil and Fahshaa (sinful), and that you should say against Allaah what you know not.
170. When it is said to them: "Follow what Allaah has sent down." They say: "Nay! We shall follow what we found our fathers following." (Would they do that!) Even though their fathers did not understand anything nor were they guided?
171. And the example of those who disbelieve, is as that of him who shouts to the (flock of sheep) that hears nothing but calls and cries. (They are) deaf, dumb and blind. So they do not understand.
172. O you who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah -- Islaamic Monotheism)! Eat of the lawful things that We have provided you with, and be grateful to Allaah, if it is indeed He Whom you worship.
173. He has forbidden you only the Maytatah (dead animals), and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that which is slaughtered as a scrifice for others than Allaah (or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., on which Allaah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But if one is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits, then there is no sin on him. Truly, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
174. Verily, those who conceal what Allaah has sent down of the Book, and purchase a small gain therewith (of worldly things), they eat into their bellies nothing but fire. Allaah will not speak to them on the Day of Resurrection, nor purify them, and theirs will be a painful torment.
175. Those are they who have purchased error at the price of Guidance, and torment at the price of Forgiveness. So how bold they are (for evil deeds which will push them) to the Fire.
176. That is because Allaah has sent down the Book (the Qur'aan) in truth. And verily, those who disputed as regards the Book are far away in opposition.
177. It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allaah, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allaah, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masaakin (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat), and gives the Zakaat, and who fulfill their covenant when they make it, and who are As-Saabirin (the patient ones, etc.) in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles). Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqoon (pious -- see V.2:2).
178. O you who believe! Al-Qisaas (the Law of Equality in punishment) is prescribed for you in case of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But if the killer is forgiven by the brother (or the relatives, etc.) of the killed against blood money, then adhering to it with fairness and payment of the blood money, to the heir should be made in fairness. This is an alleviation and a mercy from your Lord. So after this whoever transgresses the limits (i.e. kills the killer after taking the blood money), he shall have a painful torment.
179. And there is (a saving of) life for you in Al-Qisaas (the Law of Equality in punishment), O men of understanding, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious -- see V.2:2).
180. It is prescribed for you, when death approaches any of you, if he leaves wealth, that he make a bequest to parents and next of kin, according to reasonable manners. (This is) a duty upon Al-Muttaqoon (the pious -- see V.2:2).
181. Then whoever changes the bequest after hearing it, the sin shall be on those who make the change. Truly, Allaah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
182. But he who fears from a testator some unjust act or wrong-doing, and thereupon he makes peace between the parties concerned, there shall be no sin on him. Certainly, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
183. O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious -- see V.2:2).
184. [Observing Saum (fasts)] for a fixed number of days, but if any of you is ill or on a journey, the same number (should be made up) from other days. And as for those who can fast with difficulty, (e.g. an old man, etc.), they have (a choice either to fast or) to feed a Miskeen (poor person) (for every day). But whoever does good of his own accord, it is better for him. And that you fast, it is better for you if only you know.
185. The month of Ramadaan in which was revealed the Qur'aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadaan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Saum (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Saum (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allaah [i.e. to say Takbeer (Allaahu-Akbar; Allaah is the Most Great) on seeing the crescent of the months of Ramadaan and Shawwaal] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him.
186. And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.
187. It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Saum (the fasts). They are Leebas [i.e. body cover, or screen, or Sakan, (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with her -- as in Verse 7:189) Tafsir At-Tabaree], for you and you are the same for them. Allaah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allaah has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Saum (fast) till the nightfall. And do not have sexual relations with them (your wives) while you are in I'tikaaf (i.e. confining oneself in a mosque for prayers and invocations leaving the worldly activities) in the mosques. These are the limits (set) by Allaah, so approach them not. Thus does Allaah make clear His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelations, verses, laws, legal and illegal things, Allaah's set limits, orders, etc.) to mankind that they may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious -- see V.2:2).
188. And eat up not one another's property unjustly (in any illegal way e.g. stealing, robbing, deceiving, etc.), nor give bribery to the rulers (judges before presenting your cases) that you may knowingly eat up a part of the property of others sinfully.
189. They ask you (O Muhammad ) about the new moons. Say: These are signs to mark fixed periods of time for mankind and for the pilgrimage. It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, etc.) that you enter the houses from the back but Al-Birr (is the quality of the one) who fears Allaah. So enter houses through their proper doors, and fear Allaah that you may be successful.
190. And fight in the Way of Allaah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allaah likes not the transgressors. [This Verse is the first one that was revealed in connection with Jihaad, but it was supplemented by another (V.9:36)].
191. And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Haraam (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
192. But if they cease, then Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
193. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allaah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allaah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zaalimoon (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)
194. The sacred month is for the sacred month, and for the prohibited things, there is the Law of Equality (Qisaas). Then whoever transgresses the prohibition against you, you transgress likewise against him. And fear Allaah, and know that Allaah is with Al-Muttaqoon (the pious -- see V.2:2) .
195. And spend in the Cause of Allaah (i.e. Jihaad of all kinds, etc.) and do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allaah), and do good. Truly, Allaah loves Al-Muhsinoon (the good-doers).
196. And perform properly (i.e. all the ceremonies according to the ways of Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhy wa sallam)), the Hajj and 'Umrah (i.e. the pilgrimage to Makkah) for Allaah. But if you are prevented (from completing them), sacrifice a Hady (animal, i.e. a sheep, a cow, or a camel, etc.) such as you can afford, and do not shave your heads until the Hady reaches the place of sacrifice. And whosoever of you is ill or has an ailment in his scalp (necessitating shaving), he must pay a Fidyah (ransom) of either observing Saum (fasts) (three days) or giving Sadaqah (charity -- feeding six poor persons) or offering sacrifice (one sheep). Then if you are in safety and whosoever performs the 'Umrah in the months of Hajj, before (performing) the Hajj, (i.e. Hajj-at-Tamattu' and Al-Qiraan), he must slaughter a Hady such as he can afford, but if he cannot afford it, he should observe Saum (fasts) three days during the Hajj and seven days after his return (to his home), making ten days in all. This is for him whose family is not present at Al-Masjid-al-Haraam (i.e. non-resident of Makkah). And fear Allaah much and know that Allaah is Severe in punishment.
197. The Hajj (pilgrimage) is (in) the well-known (lunar year) months (i.e. the 10th month, the 11th month and the first ten days of the 12th month of the Islaamic calendar, i.e. two months and ten days). So whosoever intends to perform Hajj therein by assuming Ihraam), then he should not have sexual relations (with his wife), nor commit sin, nor dispute unjustly during the Hajj. And whatever good you do, (be sure) Allaah knows it. And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best provision is At-Taqwa (piety, righteousness, etc.). So fear Me, O men of understanding!
198. There is no sin on you if you seek the Bounty of your Lord (during pilgrimage by trading, etc.). Then when you leave 'Arafaat, remember Allaah (by glorifying His Praises, i.e. prayers and invocations, etc.) at the Mash'ar-il-Haraam. And remember Him (by invoking Allaah for all good, etc.) as He has guided you, and verily, you were, before, of those who were astray.
199. Then depart from the place whence all the people depart and ask Allaah for His Forgiveness. Truly, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful.
200. So when you have accomplished your Manasik [(i.e. Ihraam, Tawaaf of the Ka'bah and As-Safaa and Al-Marwah), stay at 'Arafaat, Muzdalifah and Mina, Ramy of Jamaraat, (stoning of the specified pillars in Mina) slaughtering of Hady (animal, etc.)]. Remember Allaah as you remember your forefathers or with a far more remembrance. But of mankind there are some who say: "Our Lord! Give us (Your Bounties) in this world!" and for such there will be no portion in the Hereafter.
201. And of them there are some who say: "Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!"